Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hope and Belief in my future

I woke up this morning to find an amazing Mother’s Day email in my inbox, from my mother. It said:

Hey Becky, 
I just wanted to tell you that your pictures of the girls are truly amazing.  I feel you have found your spot and your place should be photography(sp).  You truly have a gifted eye and see things in an amazing way.  I am so proud of you and the amazing journey you are taking and the beautiful woman I see coming out.  One that is very strong, beginning to know who she is and one that knows she has a life and can take care of her family and herself just fine.   You have done tons of work on getting yourself healthier and more self confident.  Wanted to wish you a very happy and fun filled Mother's Day. I love you MOM

Every now and then, I get something like this from her and I don’t feel as if I’ve been the disappointment I think I’ve been to her.  

It’s taken me a long time, but I feel as if I am finally coming into my own.  I am finally finding something that is mine, something that makes me feel alive, something that touches me.

My horoscope today says
You've got the skills and the know-how -- now all you need is the belief that you can pull this thing off. All you need is one cheerleader to make you feel like you could win this game single-handedly.

I know that I still have work to do, and I know that I still have things to learn, a lot to learn, and I really want to find my ‘eye’ my vision, my style.  I just know that I’m on my way.  I was so afraid I would totally suck at this, but it turns out the pictures I take aren’t altogether unfortunate looking, they actually are pretty damn good.

No comments: